Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE AS THESE WILL APPLY TO YOUR USE OF OUR SITE.
These terms and conditions contained in this document govern the use of the website of Alpha Academy which is a trading name of Adams Academy Inc. Ltd. Our registered office is at 11 Floor, 15 St Botolph Street, London EC3A 7BB (registration number is 10647280 and VAT number is GB-267018794).
Table of Contents
Changes to these Terms
Ownership of the Rights and Intellectual Property Rights
Permitted Uses of website
Permitted use of Courses
If you are a Consumer
If you are a business customer
Formation of Contract between you and us
How to pay
Changes to our terms in respect of the purchase and supply of our courses
Using and Uploading content on the site
Liability and Limitation of Our Liability
Viruses, Hacking and other Offences
Digital rights management
Course Cancellations & Refunds
Subscriber Warranties, Rights, Representations, & Obligations
- Such subscriber terms of service (“Terms of Service” or “Terms”) regulate your use of our Services and form a legally binding agreement between you (“Subscriber” or “Customer” or “You”) and Alpha Academy, a UK corporation (“Company” or “We” or “Us”) based on the terms on which the Company will provide Subscriber with access to the Services.
- These Terms have been written in the English language.
Our Introduction & How You Can Reach Us
Alpha Academy is a limited liability business based at 11 Floor, 15 St Botolph Street, London EC3A 7BB. Registered Company: Adams Academy Inc. Ltd.. VAT No: GB267018794. You can reach out to us by filling out the form below or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we need to contact you, we will do so by phone or by writing to the email or postal address you gave in your purchase. Emails are part of “writing.” Emails are included when the keywords “writing” or “written” are used. “https://www.alphaacademy.org/” is referred to as a “website.”
Your personal information
We will only use your personal information in accordance with our privacy policies.
Please email us at email@example.com if you desire to change your preferences regarding unsolicited commercial messages.
Our Right to Make Alterations
- We will notify you in advance if we make any significant changes to these Terms. Please take the time to read any such notices carefully. If you continue to use the Service after the changes take effect, you agree to the changes. You may cancel your membership by contacting us here or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not wish to continue using the service under the edited form of the Terms.
- Students can use the Services to access recorded instruction, tutoring, and courses. The Services include but are not limited to facilitating and delivering Courses and related materials.
- You are entirely responsible for any service, telephony, data, and/or other fees and costs incurred in connection with your access to and use of the Services, as well as for procuring and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, and other equipment required for such access and usage.
- If you choose to access or use our Services that require payment of a charge, you agree to pay that cost and any and all taxes related to that access or use. If you give credit card information to pay for such fees, you represent and warrant that you have the authority to do so, and you permit Alpha Academy to charge your credit card regularly to pay the fees as they become required.
- If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may use various collection measures to collect outstanding costs. Other payment methods on file with us may be charged, and/or collection agencies and legal counsel may be retained. We may also suspend or terminate your access to any of the Services awaiting the payment of any obligations owed to Alpha Academy.
5.All of your usage, access, and other actions related to the Services must comply with all relevant laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, laws relating to copyright and other intellectual property use, as well as laws relating to privacy and personal identity. Furthermore, access to our Services is forbidden from regions where their contents are illegal. You undertake to abide by all applicable rules governing the transmission of technical data exported from the United States of America or your home country. You must agree to follow all local rules governing online behaviour and content.
Once you join our services, you automatically become an Alpha Academy member. Your Alpha Academy subscription will remain active until you or we decide to cancel it.
The name specified while enrolling with Alpha Academy will be shown and viewable to other Alpha Academy students onsite inside the leaderboard as part of our leaderboard functionality.
If you entered incorrect information while registering or placing an order, please log in to your member’s area, click on your Profile and update your information. If you have any problems or require additional assistance, please feel free to contact us here.
We shall make the digital content accessible as soon as we approve your order. You have a legal right to cancel most services within 14 days and receive a refund. Once payment is received and products have been delivered to the student’s dashboard, or have been accessed, refunds are not available. This does not affect your statutory rights.
N.B: Upon becoming a subscriber to Alpha Academy, you will have access to all courses. A subscriber can enrol in up to 30 courses at any time through the subscriber dashboard. Once a learner has registered for 30 courses, they must complete a course before enrolling in another. Upon completion of a course, the subscriber is free to take another.
You will have access to classes where you can ask questions, engage with educators, and contact customer service here or at email@example.com during your membership.
You permit us to charge your membership fee to your Payment Method unless you cancel your membership before your payment date (see “Cancellation and other changes” below).
The majority of our services are delivered via the Internet. To use them, you’ll need Internet connectivity and a suitable device, as well as a current, legitimate, and accepted means of payment that you can update at any time (“Payment Method”). We may make a tiny charge in the form of a nominal refundable amount and then refund that charge in order to authenticate your payment method. No money will be paid to Alpha Academy as a result of this transaction.
You must be an active user of our Services to qualify for a lifetime membership. Lifetime memberships that have not been active for a period of 12 months will be deactivated, and we have the right to terminate membership without reimbursement. Alpha Academy determines activity and inactivity depending on a user’s login to either desktop or mobile services.
A parent account, which is designated as the provider of the family subscription, will have administrative rights to add and remove individuals from the account when it comes to family/friend accounts. If a parent account is terminated, all child accounts are terminated as well. A child account is one that has been joined to a family by a parent account. A child’s account cannot be used to delete a parent’s account. In terms of diplomas, certifications, and course materials, each account in a family plan will have its own history. A basic reactivation will be available to all accounts.
Membership alone does not grant access to regulated qualifications, additional content, course materials, or certifications to premium, family, per-course, or lifetime members. These are instead available as part of Alpha Academy’s special offerings or as a one-time purchase.
Third-party membership vouchers may only grant access to a single course or module, after which you will be charged the same subscription fees as a standard member if you desire to continue using our Services.
While we do not offer refunds or credits for partial membership periods, lessons, or Courses, please contact us if you have any questions.
- Our service’s membership cost will be billed on a recurrent basis according to your membership plan. Your Payment Method will be charged on the calendar day that corresponds to the start of your paid subscription. If your Payment Method has not properly settled, or if your paying membership began on a day not included in a given month, the timing of your billing may alter. If the whole payment fails, we may try to collect a portion of the amount.
- If a payment does not go through due to expiration, insufficient funds, or other reasons, and you do not alter your Payment Method or terminate your account, we may: end our agreement with you. and/or prohibit your access to the service until we receive a valid Payment Method. You authorise us to continue billing the Payment Method, as it may be modified if we suspend Your access, and you remain responsible for any uncollected amounts. It’s possible that your payment billing dates will alter as a result of this.
- The provider of your Payment Method may charge you a foreign transaction fee or other fees for specific Payment Methods. For further information, contact your Payment Method service provider.
- Please contact us here if you have any questions regarding a payment made to your account.
Right to Cancel Order
Some of Alpha Academy’s courses are not included in subscription packages and are only available for singular purchases. The following policies are applicable for such courses:
The Subscriber has a conditional right to cancel an order within 14 days after delivery, provided that the Subscriber provides a proper reason for cancelling.
Upon becoming a Subscriber at Alpha Academy, access to all courses is granted.
As a Subscriber, enrollment in up to 30 courses is permissible at any given time. Access to all enrolled courses is available from the Subscriber’s dashboard. If a Subscriber has already enrolled in 30 courses, completion of a course is required before additional course enrollment is allowed.
Right to Cancel Membership
- Alpha Academy memberships are subject to automatic renewal for subsequent 12-month periods unless the Subscriber cancels their membership or Alpha Academy terminates it. The Subscriber may cancel their subscription at any time through their account, subject to the terms of their chosen payment method for subsequent billing cycles. Alpha Academy reserves the right to charge the Subscriber according to the selected payment method.
- Upon cancellation of the subscription, the Subscriber will lose access to all courses enrolled during their Alpha Academy membership at the end of their billing period. While the subscribers can view recordings of classes they previously attended, they will not have access to future classes, and they will be unable to add a new course.
- To terminate the Alpha Academy account, the Subscriber must contact support in accordance with Alpha Academy’s policies and procedures.
Cancellation & Other Changes
- Your Alpha Academy membership can be canceled at any time. Please contact us here if you have any questions regarding a payment made to your account. To cancel, log in to your Members Area and access your student profile section by clicking the profile button. You can cancel your membership and benefits by going to the Membership and Payments tab and following the procedures. You’ll be given a few options, such as pausing your membership or switching to a lower-cost plan. You may be prompted to finalise cancellation over the phone using a free phone number provided to you for a specified group of students. You’ll be able to view recordings of classes you’ve already attended but not future ones, and you won’t be able to add a new course. If you signed up for Alpha Academy using a third-party account (such as an app store) as a Payment Method and want to cancel your membership at any time, you may need to do so through that third-party, for example, by visiting your account with the applicable third-party and turning off auto-renew, or unsubscribing from the Alpha Academy service. While we do not offer refunds or credits for partial membership periods, lessons, or Courses, please contact us here if you have any questions.
- We strive to process cancellations as quickly as possible, which is why we’ve included a cancellation feature in your Members Area. You can also discontinue your membership by completing and returning this cancellation form.
- The right to terminate the services:
- If you do not comply with these Terms, including your payment responsibilities, we may terminate your access to the Services.
- We might send you a letter informing you that we are ceasing to provide the Services. We will notify you in advance and reimburse any amounts you have paid in advance for Services that will not be provided.
- When you cancel your membership, you have the opportunity to renew it at any time in the future. If you opt to renew, your subscription will begin anew, and your account will be charged for the next year. The plan you’ll be reverted to is the one you cancelled previously.
- Your existing subscription will continue until the end of its current term before switching to the One Course Plan if you choose a reduced-price plan known as a “One Course Plan.” Also, if you are currently subscribed to a higher-priced plan, such as the annual subscription, your current subscription will remain as is, and you will continue to receive the membership advantages associated with that plan. Your plan will change to the One Course Plan at the end of your subscription period.
- We reserve the right to modify our service plans and prices at any moment, and we may do so. Any price adjustments will be communicated to you in advance by Alpha Academy. We’ll update this page and/or notify you via the members’ user interface, the membership and payments user interface, and/or other reasonable ways, such as an email message sent to the email address indicated in your account. Membership subscription pricing changes will take effect at the beginning of the next subscription month after the date of the price change. Changes in the pricing of Membership Subscriptions will take effect at the beginning of the next subscription period after the date of the change. As a precaution, please read any pricing change message carefully, and if you have any questions or issues about your account, please contact us at [site link].
Please contact us here if you have any payment-related questions or any other membership questions.
- If the Subscriber chooses to switch to the lower-priced One Course Plan after their current subscription term ends, the subscription will continue until the end of the current term and then automatically switch to the new plan. This means that if you’re already subscribed to a more expensive plan, like an annual subscription, it will keep working as it is now with all the benefits it offers. But when your subscription period ends, it will be changed to the One Course Plan.
- Any customised offers provided on the website will expire and lose their validity after 30 days unless otherwise specified in the offer regarding its duration.
Passwords & Account Access
- The Alpha Academy account is controlled and accessed by the person who created the account and whose Payment Method is charged (the “Account Holder”). The Account Holder should not reveal the password or the Payment Method data (e.g., the last four numbers of their credit or debit card or their email address if they use PayPal) linked with the account to anybody in order to keep control over the account and prevent others from accessing it. You are responsible for keeping the information you supply to us about your account up to date and accurate.
- Any communication that asks you to enter credit card or other account information should be avoided. Identity theft can occur if you respond to these types of messages with your personal information. Always access your sensitive account information by going directly to the Alpha Academy website, rather than through a hyperlink in an email or other electronic communication, even if it appears to be legitimate. In order to protect you, Alpha Academy, or our partners from identity theft or other fraudulent activities, we may suspend or delete your account.
Subscriber Warranties, Rights, Representations, & Obligations
- On behalf of itself and any other Subscribers added to their membership (“Authorised End Users” or “Multi-User Subscriptions”), Subscriber commits, acknowledges, and accepts that: Third-party access privileges may not be transmitted. Viruses will not be accessed, stored, distributed, or transmitted by it, This will utilise the Services in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, The Services or any component thereof will not be rented, leased, sublicensed, resold, distributed, transferred, copied, or modified. It will not reverse engineer or otherwise seek to construct the source code from the object code made available hereunder, nor will it decompile, create, or attempt to create the source code from the object code made available hereunder. It will not copy, distribute, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, republish, download, store, or transmit the Services or any part of them. It will not remove or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices from materials copied from the Website or included in the Services, It is solely responsible for obtaining, installing, operating, and maintaining the hardware and software environment, as well as network connections and telecommunication lines, required to access and use the Services, It will not use the Services in any way or conjunction with any content, data, hardware, software, or other materials that infringe or violates any third-party patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, or other intellectual property right or that constitutes defamation, libel, invasion of privacy, or violation of any right of publicity or other third-party rights, or that is a violation of any law.
- As part of our steadfast commitment to providing exemplary customer service, Alpha Academy is pleased to uphold a returns policy spanning 14 days. We recognise your right to alter your course of action; thus, if you procure training from Alpha Academy or any third-party platforms and subsequently determine that our services do not meet your needs, you are entitled to a complete refund within 14 days. This policy remains subject to fair usage. If one or more staff members have completed a training course in full or if Alpha Academy deems the Client to have exploited the product before initiating a refund, this policy will be rendered null and void.
- Notwithstanding any conflicting provisions contained in the return policy, in the case of an annual subscription’s automatic renewal, a specific exemption shall be enforced. In such a scenario, upon the renewal of the annual subscription following the expiry of its term, the learner shall renounce the entitlement to seek a refund, irrespective of any cause whatsoever.
Annual Subscriptions, Rights & Obligations
- An annual subscription for courses offered by Alpha Academy refers to a payment plan whereby the learner pays a single fee in advance for access to a predetermined set of courses on the Alpha Academy platform for a period of one year. During the subscription period, the learner may typically access a range of courses.
- The learner who subscribes annually to Alpha Academy is limited to accessing a maximum of 30 courses at any given time and may only begin a new course after completing one of the initial 30, thereby ensuring a total course count of 30. It is important to note that the annual subscription does not include any courses offered by awarding bodies listed on the Alpha Academy website.
- The allocation of courses to learners is subject to availability, and if a course becomes unavailable for any reason after being available in the course library during the subscription period, the learner cannot take it, and Alpha Academy will not be held liable. However, the learner may take the course as soon as it becomes available in the course library.
- In the event that a learner purchases an annual subscription at a discounted price from Alpha Academy, said learner shall forfeit the right to request a refund for any reason as a result of purchasing the said subscription at a discounted price.
- Upon completion of 50% or more of multiple courses, the learner shall be ineligible to request a refund from Alpha Academy, regardless of the cause.
To clarify, upon purchasing an annual subscription from Alpha Academy to access their online courses, if the learner completes at least 50% of the courses and subsequently requests a refund after completing several courses, Alpha Academy reserves the right to deny the learner’s request in accordance with the Terms and Conditions Agreement.
- Auto-renewal applies to the annual subscription, and upon renewal of the subscription following its term expiration, the learner forfeits the right to request a refund for any reason whatsoever.
The Lifetime Access
- By enrolling in our Prime Learners program for a one-time fee, the learner shall be granted immediate, limitless, and perpetual access to over 1500 courses offered by Alpha Academy, including all forthcoming updates and additions.
- The subscriber shall be authorised a one-time enrollment fee, affording access to all courses provided by Alpha Academy, inclusive of any newly added courses to the platform in the future.
- Subscribers shall be eligible for unlimited access to all courses, as well as access to all career certificate packages, and various other benefits provided by Alpha Academy.
- The subscriber is prohibited from transferring lifetime access to any third party.
- If a learner acquires a lifetime subscription at a discounted rate from Alpha Academy, the right of the learner to seek a refund for any reason shall be rendered void subsequent to the procurement of the aforementioned lifetime subscription at a discounted price.
- Upon acquiring a lifetime subscription from Alpha Academy and completing 50% or more of multiple courses, the learner shall be ineligible to solicit a refund from Alpha Academy, irrespective of the cause.
- Alpha Academy reserves the right to revoke the lifetime access of the subscriber in the event of a violation of our terms and conditions.
Availability of Website
The Subscriber acknowledges that data traffic on the Internet may create delays in downloading information from the Website, and it agrees not to hold the Company accountable for delays that are normal in the course of Internet use. Due to such delays, or delays caused by the Company’s upgrading, modification, or standard maintenance of the Website, Subscriber further understands and agrees that the Website will not be available on a continuous twenty-four-hour basis.
Third Party Links or Information
This website may include links to other websites that are not owned or maintained by the Company. The company is not responsible for the content, accuracy, or viewpoints stated on such third-party websites and does not research, monitor, or check for the correctness or completeness of these websites. The presence of a link on this website does not mean that the Company approves or endorses the linked website. Subscribers who leave this website to visit third-party websites do so at their own risk.
Disclaimers of Statements/Warranties
- The use of the services or items obtained through the services is at the subscriber’s own risk. The services are provided “As Is” and “As Available” without any express or implied statements or warranties of any kind. Neither company nor anyone associated with the company makes any statement, warranty, or representation regarding the services’ completeness, security, reliability, quality, accuracy, or availability. Without limiting the foregoing, neither company nor anyone associated with the company promises that the services or items obtained through the services or any portion thereof will be accurate, relatable, error-free or uninterrupted, that defects will be corrected, that the services or the website or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components, or that the services or items obtained through the services will otherwise meet subscriber’s need or expectations. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- The above does not impact any implied warranties that cannot be isolated or restricted under applicable law.
- No conversational or written representations, information, or advice provided by the company or its approved representative shall create a warranty or extend the scope of this warranty in any way.
Limitation of Liability
- Company does not restrict or eliminate its liability for (I) death or personal injury caused by its negligence, (II) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or (III) any other issue for which it would be illegal for the company to do so.
- Individual subscribers who live in a European Union member nations are subject to these provisions: The company, its licensors, employees, agents, officers, and directors will not be liable to you or any third party for any indirect, consequential losses (where consequential losses means loss arising as a side effect of the main loss), which are not a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such main damage or loss, including but not constrained to (I) Income or revenue loss, (II) Business loss, (III) Profit loss, (IV) Anticipated Savings Loss, or (V) Data loss.
Your Right to Cancel
Some of our exclusive courses won’t be available in the subscription. Those will be available only in singular purchases. The following policies are applicable to those courses:
By contacting Alpha Academy support here, you can have your Alpha Academy account deleted (Please see your Rights Section for more details).
You can cancel your order up to 14 days after your order is delivered. But you have to give a proper reason for cancelling. This period allows you a conditional right to cancel.
How to cancel: Simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +4402039652556 with your order details to cancel your order.
By becoming a subscriber, you agree to content to receive promotional messages from the Company from time to time. This can include discounts, exclusive offers, free courses etc.
Any coupon codes, vouchers, discount counts, etc., may only be available for a short period of time and may not be used after they have expired.
Voucher codes are only applicable to the original full price of the course.
Coupon codes may not work on professional and regulated courses unless stated otherwise in the promotional message.
Subscribers cannot use multiple coupons/vouchers at the same time.
Refunds are not applicable for any materials purchased using promotional offers.
Subscriber agrees to fully indemnify and defend Company, its officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns from and against any damages, losses, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) resulting from any third-party claim, action, or demand arising out of Subscriber’s breach of any representation, warranty, covenant, obligation, or duty under this Agreement.
All terms relating to proprietary rights, fee payment, confidentiality, warranty disclaimer, indemnification, and limitation of liability will survive the expiration or earlier termination of these Terms of Service.
Complaints & Online Dispute Resolution
If you have any problems with our services, please contact us. We will make every effort to fix any difficulties as quickly as possible.
Unless otherwise required by mandatory law in your jurisdiction, our contract with you (and any non-contractual disputes/claims arising out of or in connection with it) is governed by the laws of the United Kingdom, without regard to choice or conflict of law principles. You may bring legal action against us in the courts of the United Kingdom.
If any provision of this Agreement of Service is found to be contrary to law by a court of competent jurisdiction, that provision will be changed and interpreted to best achieve the original provision’s objectives to the fullest extent permitted by law, and the remaining provisions of these Terms of Service will remain in full force and effect.
- Both Alpha Academy and the Client agree to the following provisions, which shall remain in effect during the term of the Agreement and for five (5) years after its termination:
- The parties shall maintain the confidentiality of all Confidential Information and shall not disclose such information to any third party except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or as authorised in writing by the other party. Confidential Information shall not be used for any purpose other than as contemplated by these Terms and Conditions or the Agreement.
- Neither party shall make any copies of, record in any way, or part with possession of any Confidential Information and shall ensure that their directors, officers, employees, contractors, agents, or advisers do not breach the confidentiality provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
- Either party may disclose Confidential Information to its subcontractors or suppliers or group companies, any governmental or regulatory authority, or any employees or officers of such parties, provided that such disclosure is necessary for the purposes contemplated by these Terms and Conditions or the Agreement, or as required by law, and provided that the recipients are aware of the obligations of confidentiality and agree to keep the confidential information confidential and to use it only for the purposes for which the disclosure is made.
- Either party may use or disclose Confidential Information that has become public knowledge through no fault of the receiving party, provided that the receiving party does not disclose any part of such Confidential Information that is not already public knowledge.
- The provisions of this Clause shall continue to be binding notwithstanding the termination of the Agreement for any reason.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in Clause, Alpha Academy and its service providers shall employ industry-standard systems, applications, and protocols to safeguard personal information and mitigate the likelihood of theft, damage, loss, unauthorised access, or misuse of information. However, Alpha Academy cannot guarantee absolute protection or security of any personal data stored by us or any third-party service providers, despite our best efforts to preserve your privacy and data integrity.
Variation and Amendments
- In the event that Alpha Academy is compelled to make any modifications to the arrangements pertaining to the provision of the Services due to circumstances beyond its control, it shall forthwith notify the Client. Alpha Academy shall exert its best efforts to minimise such changes and shall endeavour to present alternative arrangements to the Client that are as comparable to the original as is feasible under the circumstances.