Pupils with learning difficulties require extra support and nurturing when it comes to their social, emotional and mental development. This is why a special educational needs (SEN) teaching assistant must have an excellent understanding of the types of learning disorders and their impact. In the SEN (Special Education Needs) Teaching Assistant Diploma course, you will learn a range of teaching methodologies for supporting SEN pupils and will deepen your understanding of common learning disorders such as autism, ADHD and dyslexia.
Throughout the course, you will learn about the four main areas of SEN, developing your communication, relationship-building and active listening skills, to support pupils in their everyday learning activities. It covers the types of duties required of an SEN teaching assistant, methods for teaching, the sen curriculum, and much more.
By the end of the course, you will be equipped with a range of skills required to support pupils with learning difficulties, with a formal qualification to kickstart your career. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace, from any device with an internet connection.
- Understand the types of learning issues that constitute special educational needs
- Familiarise with the role and responsibilities of a special educational needs teaching assistant
- Know how to identify children with special needs such as autism, ADHD and dyslexia
- Deepen your understanding of the learning and development of children and young people with SEN
- Learn a wide range of SEN teaching methodologies to support pupils with learning difficulties
- Develop your communication, planning and active listening skills
- Identify the four areas of SEN and the difference between cognitive impairment and learning disability
- Learn how to assist SEN pupils in their everyday learning activities
Assessment and Certification
At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful. After you have successfully passed the final exam, you will be able to order an Accredited Certificate of Achievement at an additional cost of £19 for a PDF copy and £29 for an original print copy sent to you by post or for both £39.
On successful completion, you will receive a recognised certificate of achievement, which you can use as proof of your new skills when it comes to exploring careers in this field. Career opportunities in this field include:
- SEN Teaching Assistant
- Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
- EYFS SEN Teacher
|SEN (Special Education Needs) Teaching Assistant Diploma|
|Special Education Needs (SEN) An Overview||00:08:00|
|High Quality Teaching for Pupils with SEN||00:09:00|
|SEN Teaching Methodologies||00:20:00|
|Communication and Interaction||00:16:00|
|Cognition and Learning||00:20:00|
|Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties||00:11:00|
|Sensory or Physical Needs||00:15:00|
|Working in Partnership||00:09:00|
|Mock Exam – SEN (Special Education Needs) Teaching Assistant Diploma||00:20:00|
|Final Exam – SEN (Special Education Needs) Teaching Assistant Diploma||00:20:00|
|Order your Certificate|
|Order your Certificate||00:00:00|
No Reviews found for this course.