Planning an event is a step-by-step process with many stages involved. From budgeting to marketing, whether you are coordinating a corporate dinner, organising a wedding or designing a child’s birthday party, there are many factors that go into ensuring the successful planning of an event. The Advanced Diploma in Professional Event Management Skills course is designed to provide learners with the skills, knowledge and information to fast track their career in the events industry.
Through case studies, video guidance and practical exercises, you will fully explore each stage of the event planning process, learning how to identify your audience, decide on a venue, choose a theme, and much more. You will also learn the fundamentals of business etiquette, developing your management, networking and communication skills along the way.
Discover tips on how to plan for children’s birthday parties and communicate with partners and sponsors to back your event and build a growing client list. To provide you with ease of access, this course is designed for both part-time and full-time students. You can become accredited in just 20/30 hours, with the freedom to study at your own pace.
- Understand the nature of the events industry and the role of the events manager
- Familiarise with the event planning process, from budgeting through to marketing
- Identify the different types of events and know how to plan for each one
- Know how to select a venue and communicate with partners and sponsors
- Know how to pick a suitable theme for your event and identify your audience
- Develop your networking, communication, organisation and planning skills
- Learn the fundamentals of business etiquette to grow your clients in no time
- Discover some expert tips on how to plan home parties and children’s birthdays
Assessment and Certification
At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful. After you have successfully passed the final exam, you will be able to order an Accredited Certificate of Achievement at an additional cost of £19 for a PDF copy and £29 for an original print copy sent to you by post or for both £39.
Once you have successfully completed each course module, you will be prepared with the essential skills to explore the many career opportunities in the events industry and set up a successful events business of your own. Professions in events management include the following:
- Events Planner
- Events Coordinator
- Marketing & Events Manager
- Pary Planner