Deaf awareness creates a communication bridge between those who can hear and those who can’t. It results in successful learning and working relationships. This Deaf Awareness Training will teach you how to promote deaf awareness to reduce the everyday challenges of deaf individuals.
This Deaf Awareness Training will give you a comprehensive introduction to the deaf community and culture. Going through the lessons, you’ll identify the most common cause of hearing loss and the treatments and innovations. In addition, you’ll learn the various educational methods, including BSL, to help deaf individuals engage in education.
- Deepen your understanding of the deaf community and culture
- Learn about the common social interactions in the deaf culture
- Determine the causes and treatment of hearing loss
- Understand how to promote deaf education
- Learn how to build social interaction with deaf individuals
Assessment and Certification
At the end of the course, you will be required to sit an online multiple-choice test. Your test will be assessed automatically and immediately so that you will instantly know whether you have been successful. After you have successfully passed the final exam, you can order an Accredited Certificate of Achievement at an additional cost of £19 for a PDF copy and £29 for an original print copy sent to you by post, or for both £39.
The Deaf Awareness Training will provide essential skills that will make you more effective in your role. It would be beneficial for any related profession in the industry, such as:
- Specialist Support Worker
- Medical Healthcare Professional
- Community Worker